This is my rant, my thoughts, my ideas on HipHop,popmatters, poltics, relationships, life, and everything in between. You may get some fictonal short stories, true short stories, poetry, articles etc... Therefore, enjoy the gumbo.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

What you on huh....Dope or Dog food?

Peace Fam,

For the most part I strive not to post about all the dirt, and suppose "battles" between rappers, or their crews etc... Because you can get that on plenty of blogs or in numerous articles. However every now and then...someone will talk so slick. That I have to make a comment regarding the situation. Well I found this on Real talk NY blog. Lil' Wayne did an interview in Complex magazine, and his statements were highlighted. Now I must admit I have not read the full article, and we all know certain things can be taken out of context when people do interviews whether its a politician, actor, or local community activists. However it is very difficult to get these comments twisted. Here is what was said below.....my thoughts are in blue after his comments.

Comments on Jay-Z
“I don’t like what he’s saying about how he had to come back because hip hop’s dead and we need him,” he says. “What the f*ck do you mean? If anything it’s reborn, so he’s probably having a problem with that. You left on a good note, and all of the artists were saying, ‘Yo, this is Jay’s house. He’s the best.’ Now he comes back and still thinks it’s his house. But we f*cked b*tches in your bed already. It’s not your house anymore and I’m better than you.”
(In regards to being better than Jay-Z)“Who don’t? [to friends in the background] Ay-yo, am I better than Jay? [friends laugh and nod]. I ain’t got nothing to do with who he is. I’m better than him, though. I’m 24 years old… The dude’s like…? It’s scary. I’m 13 years deep with five albums and 10 million records sold.”

Ok..I try to look at things with a wider vision. I have an open mind so I think every rapper thinks he or she is the greatest that is all part of the game. However this is the same man who sang Jay's praises not to long ago. He is the same man who attempted to rock Jay's whole style. He was one of Jay's biggest stans pardon self I mean fans. So what would make him do a complete 360, and speak publicly about it. Well look no further then his associations/friends the Dipset. I think Lil Wayne is riding for his fellas yall....LOL. You know jumping on the bandwagon. WTF is he stressing on..? I mean really he is speaking on Jay's age when his "father" Baby is the same age as Jay if not older, and still rapping. Didn't they just release an album together? So what can he say about age. Next how old was Jay when he started..and..what? Then he goes on to say he is better than Jay lyrically. I know he is smoking glass or plastic... one he is a "self-proclaimed" great rapper. I mean is he really on anybody's top ten list for great lyricists? Seriously? I am not talking about your favorite rapper people. Well maybe he is for there are some people who would agree with him out there. However there is still no denying his dramatic switch of sides, and his side azz comments. Wayne for once be your own man..stand on your own two...not with Baby, not with Dipset, not on Jay's swagger. It's like Nas said...if you get personally offended because he said HipHop is dead then look no further then your self bro...!



Comments on The Clipse and Pharrell
”I don’t see no f*cking Clipse. This is a f*cking legend you’re talking to right here. How many years them niggas been around? Who the f*ck is Pharrell? Do you really respect him? That nigga wore BAPE and y’all thought he was weird. I wore it and y’all thought it was hot. What I gotta go in the store and say, ‘I like these colors but I can’t buy them because other rappers wore them?”

Again...I am tired with the overdosed cracked out ego. "He's a legend, he one of the greatest etc" I remind you again this is all self-proclaimed. I am all for self-esteem but sometimes in an interview you need to shut that sh%t down, and be humble. Because sooner or later you become Kanye'ish like at award shows when he loses, and we get tired of the garbage. I think if you read a lot of the people's comments they are beginning to feel that way. I don't know who the "yall" is...who thought Pharrell was weird. I don't know where the diss came from regarding the Clipse. Obviously it is something related to what the interviewer said or asked. However I know Pharell had his own little flavor going on which Hiphop has been known for since the beginning...it's called originality where if everybody is going right..some of us take a left. That's the fly lick right there...like Ghost talking about how he is going to freak his Clarks Wallabees with different colors. You know he was not going to rock the regular...ones etc...
And no Wayne no one is saying you can not buy them..... In fact you did buy them, you did you, now move on please stop playing into the media games. Unless this is all part of your publicity act to get people talking to say something for shock value...Just stop feeding the machine. This was pointless.

Comments on the Kissing Controversy
"I don’t fault nobody for misunderstanding. I don’t understand a lot of sh*t.Baby walked in the crib one day and was like, ‘Everybody’s doing this black mobsh*t. When I see you niggas, this is what we’re gonna do.’ And that’s why you’veprobably got a picture of me because I stuck with everything that man said. Butevery nigga’s done that. I’ve done kissed [Juvenile and B.G.]. No homo.Pause.”

Once again...be your own man. One day we all have to grow up from our "parents," and become leaders ourselves. Well whatever there are no pictures of you kissing Juve or BG. There is no tape of you being on a show kissing Juve or BG which started all this mess in the first place. Plus..I thought you and Juve never got along like that..so I really wonder why you would kiss this man. Listen whatever works for you all then it is what it is. There is no need for you to inform us that all of you did it (LOL). It's like when one kid get's caught, and was like I am not the only one who did it? In your world would that be snitching? LMAO. Anyway....let it go..stand behind your actions.


PS: Also one more thing because I heard this on one of your rhymes you stated...something about your the only south ni99a that could rhyme with the WU.
Please stop! Drop the pipe! And run like hell to the nearest rehab or shrink! You may need a refill.

One
Storme
The Rare Breed

No comments: