This is my rant, my thoughts, my ideas on HipHop,popmatters, poltics, relationships, life, and everything in between. You may get some fictonal short stories, true short stories, poetry, articles etc... Therefore, enjoy the gumbo.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Que' pasa? to all my queens out there!

I know I maybe a little late on this one but I don't care.

Congrats to Q-u-e-e-n L-a-t-i-f-a-h-in command! You deserve it.

"Remember Rappin' Duke duh-hah,duh-hah, who would've of thought hiphop to take it this far. " BIG (RIP)

This is from mtvnews the underground...........

Last week Queen Latifah became the first hip-hop artist to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The Queen, whose new movie with LL Cool J, "Last Holiday," comes out on Friday the 13th, says she realized early on that she had to multitask. "It's important that you don't rely on one thing," she said. "For me in the very beginning, I said, 'If I'm not the best rapper ever there's no way I am going to put all of my eggs in one basket,' and I never felt like I was the best rapper on earth. What artists have to realize is everything has a value. You are a brand and you need to treat yourself as such. All of the talent that you have should be explored. If you can act, why shouldn't you? If you can write books, why shouldn't you? If you can write scripts or are a great public speaker, why shouldn't you lecture?"


To all my ladies in Hiphop whether your are in the front light (ps: I don't mean shaking that a** only) or working the back ranks (execs, ghost writers, directors,accountants, lawyers etc). Keep working it. There is still lot of work to be done. Give thanks.

One

No comments: